We will work with you to match your lifestyle needs with the most innovative and advanced technology, specifically designed to treat your unique hearing loss. Southern Maine Hearing works with digitally programmable technology from our two major manufacturers, Oticon and Phonak.
What Properly Fitted Hearing Devices Will Do for You
- Improve communication, mood, and social interactions in all aspects of your life.
- Prevent mental fatigue – straining to hear throughout the day can be exhausting! You'll have more energy at the end of the day.
- Assist your brain to make better sense of sound and stimulates your cognitive abilities.
- Help you participate in conversations at home and at work so you stay actively involved.
- Improve your overall quality of life! Hearing Care is Health Care!
Included in the Cost of Hearing Devices
We provide extensive counseling and expertise to guide you in the selection, care, and use of your hearing devices.
You will have access to a variety of different types of hearing devices from different manufacturers with the most advanced features and all levels of technology.
You will receive personalized and customized service through follow-up appointments for the life of your hearing devices. We gladly provide maintenance of your hearing devices as well as supply cleaning aids, tools and supplies associated with your hearing devices.
All of our devices come with a manufacturer warranty as well as a service and battery package.
Hearing Device Selection Using Innovative Technology
We offer several levels of technology to choose from, ranging from Entry Level to Premium Level. Our Hearing Healthcare Specialist will discuss which technology level and features of hearing aids would benefit you most. During the selection process, we will also discuss the appropriate size and style of hearing aids.
Custom Hearing Device Fitting
Hearing instruments are fit based on an appropriate algorithm or prescription that is determined by the type and degree of your hearing loss. The hearing instruments are digitally and prescriptively programmed for your ultimate hearing experience.
Fine Tuning & Counsel
Once properly fit, our Hearing Healthcare Specialist will counsel you about all you need to know about your new hearing aids, such as:
- How your hearing aids work
- How to insert and remove them
- When to wear your hearing aids
- Hearing aid cleaning